We have had a very busy week in Kindergarten!
The children have really been working hard at creating timelines of how they have grown and changed since birth. The projects look great and should be posted outside the classroom after Spring Break!
Our seedlings have been growing and changing as well (some quicker than others!) Due to the funny winter weather we have had over the past week, the students have had to give the seeds pep-talks (it is pretty funny to watch!) The students have been sketching the growth of the seedlings in their new Garden Journals. Check out our Garden Timeline on the door of our classroom to see photos of our observations!
We attended two special presentations this week as well. The MYP students put on a Talent Show on Thursday; we enjoyed the fun-filled afternoon of music! The students especially enjoyed the “Battle of the Basses” between Daniel T. and Mr. Ohly. Daniel impressed us with his fast fingers, but Mr. Ohly became the clear winner in the eyes of the kindergarteners when he broke out the Star Wars theme music!
On Friday, we attended the AGS Drama Club’s presentations of “Moira’s Birthday” and “Mud Puddle”. We are HUGE Robert Munsch fans so we greatly enjoyed the shows!
We were so busy this week that we only had time for two student bloggers. Here are their highlights
we mad timl (We made timelines.)
we jo in a jorhnols (We drew in our journals)
Reminders for the next few weeks:
- Spring Break is from March 10th-25th (see you back at school on the 26th!)
- Term 2 Reports go home March 29th
- The Aspengrove Gala is at 6:00pm on March 31st (speak with Mandy K. or Nicole McDaid at the office to get tickets!)
- Parent-Teacher-Student Conferences will be held April 3rd and 4th. A sign-up form will be put outside the classroom after Spring Break. The format of second term conferences is a bit different than first term as they are Student-Led; students MUST be present. More information will be sent home after Spring Break
- Early dismissal on April 3rd due to conferences.
- Arbutus Day on April 5th. Students in Arbutus house can wear RED and bring a red snack to share at the party!
- Easter long-weekend April 6th-9th
I hope everyone has a wonderful Spring Break. Safe travels to those of you who are going away! I look forward to seeing you and the children on March 26th!