We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated ECE who will be responsible for overseeing the Out of School Care Program. This position is a 17.5 hour per week position during regular school weeks. During school closures such as spring break, summer and professional development days, it is a full day position.
There is also potential for this educator to work within the Junior Kindergarten 3 & 4 Programs.
Start Date: June 10, 2019
Reports To: Amanda Lynch, ELC Director and Jo-Anne Kingstone, Head of School
Location/Department: Aspengrove ELC: Kindergarten – Grade 5 Out of School Care
Qualifications or Skill Required:
- Inspired to work with young children,
- ECE Certificate
- Valid First Aid Certificate,
- Criminal record check,
- 2 reference letters,
- Knowledge and experience regarding Community Child Care Facilities Licensing Regulations,
- Strong communication with children, parents & educators,
- Computer and organizational skills,
- Work well with others in a team environment as well as alone with a group of children,
- Energetic and enthusiastic personality.
- Lead programs,
- Set up classroom environment,
- Team collaboration,
- Parent communication,
- Plan and carry out activities,
- Ensure health and safety of children,
- Comply with Community Care Facilities Licensing Regulations at all times,
- Record keeping and reporting,
- Program plan for summer, winter and spring breaks.
Application Deadline: May 17, 2019
Interested applicants should forward their resume & detailed cover letter to:
Amanda Lynch, DirectorAspengrove Early Learning Centre
7660 Clark Drive Lantzville, B.C. V0R 2H0