Aspengrove School is looking for a part-time Facilities Support Worker for 10-20 hours per week starting immediately.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager the facilities support worker performs preventative maintenance, demand maintenance, and project work on a variety of equipment and systems. This position is ideal for a retired person or someone seeking part time employment. Hourly rate is based on experience.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist with maintenance of field turf: top dressing, seeding, fertilizing mowing, aerating, edging, weed control, watering;
- Plants flower beds, trims trees/shrubs;
- Perform seasonal work, such as raking leaves, shoveling snow, chipping ice, clearing drains, salting and sanding;
- Maintain outdoor fixtures, such as statues, benches and fences;
- Execute various project work, as directed by facilities manager;
- Help with daily traffic control assistance, during school days;
- Assist with School event set up and take-down;
- Assists with planning for and implementation of special events on the school grounds;
- Daily grounds inspections to determine the need for repairs or renovations;
- Maintain basic plumbing, light carpentry, door locks/ security, and other mechanical systems within the school, as needed;
- Management of work order jobs as necessary to ensure maintenance of the facilities is delivered in a timely manner and upheld to quality standards;
- Maintenance of roads, parking lots, and sidewalks including but not limited to snow removal, salting and de-icing;
- Ensure Work Safe BC standards are upheld at all times;
- May supervise external contractors.
Desired Qualities and Competencies:
- Knowledge of WCB regulations;
- Experience in carpentry, small electrical, plumbing, painting, drywall repairs;
- Experience operating grounds maintenance machinery;
- Good people and communications skills;
- Must have own transportation;
- Ability to work unsupervised and with direction;
- Ability to lift heavy objects;
- Strong work ethic;
- Attention to detail;
- Work as a member of a team.
Interested applicants can forward cover letter and resume by February 28, 2019 to:
Jenny Christenson, Human Resources Administrator
7660 Clark Drive, Lantzville, BC V0R 2H0